This monsoon, stay away from malaria and other diseases...
Chasing away mosquitoes during the monsoon season is essential to avoid malaria.
Tips to keep mosquitoes at bay
• Ensure that you limit outside activity between dusk and dawn.
Stay indoors as much as you can
• Avoid places where mosquitoes breed easily. Ensure that all waste or garbage is covered and disposed of off every day to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes.
• Ensure there is no stagnant water in or around the house. Open drains, shallow pools of water, air cooler water, etc., are major breeding areas.
• Keep underground and overhead tanks covered and clean, both before and after the monsoons.
• Mosquito nets are advisable, especially in areas with a heavy monsoon.
• Wear protective clothing - long-sleeved shirts & pants or salwar kameez sets will protect you from mosquito bites.
• Use mosquito repellant creams or, sprays, and coils or mats/liquidators regularly.