Manage Your Stress
Stress is a physical or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest & may also aggravate certain diseases. Physical & emotional factors leading to stress include trauma, infections, toxins, illnesses & injuries. The emotional causes of stress & tension are numerous & varied.
Stress could lead to headaches, muscle pain chest pain, fatigue, stomach upset, sleep problems, anxiety, restlessness, lack of motivation or depression, etc… Disease and conditions which may be a condition that may be a cause or symptom of stress are Styes, muscle spasms, headache, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, anxiety hair loss, and heartburn.
Healthier ways to manage stress management starts with identifying the sources of stress in your life.
Once you have done that, here are some tips to reduce stress.
* Drink orange juice vitamin C helps lower the levels of stress hormones.
* Exercise is a great way to ease stress. It helps the body produce endorphins – the neurotransmitters in the brain that make you feel good.
* Take a deep breath. No matter where you are, taking a deep breath can make you more relaxed.
* Meditate every day, sit up straight with both feet on the floor. Close the eyes & focus on reciting loudly or silently a positive phrase such as ‘I feel at peace” or ‘I love myself.”This will help ease anxiety.
* Know your limits & stick to them. Whether in personal or professional life, taking on more than you can handle is a recipe for stress.
* Prepare a to-do list – analyze the schedule, responsibilities, & daily tasks. If there is too much work, distinguish between the 'should’ & the ‘must’.
* Manage your time effectively. Poor time management can cause a lot of stress. Try to plan ahead & make sure you don’t overextend yourself.
* Reduce coffee, soft drinks, Chocolate & sweet snacks to feel more relaxed & sleep better.
* Avoid alcohol or drugs; they provide an easy escape from stress but are only for temporary relief.
* Get enough sleep. Adequate sleep fuels your mind, as well as your body. Feeling tired will increase your stress because it may cause you to think & act irrationally.