Only children need vaccine shots... Right? Wrong! Vaccination is equally important for adults. Proper vaccination protects you and the people around you!
WHY ADULTS NEED VACCINATION?
* Vaccines taken in childhood may require a booster or you may not have been fully vaccinated as a child.
* New vaccines have been introduced, such as cervical cancer vaccine for women.
* People with asthma, heart, lung disease, diabetes or other chronic disease or smokers have a weak immune system and are at a higher risk. The pneumococcal vaccine helps them to prevent serious diseases.
* Hepatitis B vaccine and HPV vaccines prevent cancers caused by these infections.
* Pre-pregnancy planning includes a vaccination checklist to have healthy kids.