Stay a day, stay healthy, this monsoon!
Getting wet in the rain may lead to cold, flu, and body ache. Avoid common monsoon ailments; stay dry and healthy with these simple tips.
• Keep a spare set of clothes handy when going out.
• Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated in the monsoon as sweat does not evaporate quickly and humidity levels are high, which prevents the body from releasing heat.
• Make sure that you wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly, especially leafy vegetables.
• Increase your intake of Vitamin C with foods like oranges, papaya, cauliflower, lemon juice, strawberries, etc.
• Chasing away mosquitoes is very important to keep malaria away. Stagnant water is a breeding place for mosquitoes.
• Avoid getting your feet wet. In case you do, immediately clean and dry them with a towel. dampness can lead to fungal infections and athlete's foot.