Tips to Prevent Iron Deficiency.
Iron deficiency is a common type of anaemia that develops when the blood lacks enough healthy red blood cells or haemoglobin. Haemoglobin is an Iron-rich protein that gives
blood its red colour. It carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. Iron deficiency anemia occurs when the body doesn't have enough iron to produce hemoglobin due to blood loss, lack of iron in the diet, and pregnancy.
The symptoms of iron deficiency anemia may include Extreme fatigue, pale skin, weakness, dizziness, cold hands and feet, inflammation or soreness of the tongue, and poor appetite.
Tips to prevent the risk of iron deficiency anemia
• Eat foods rich in iron, like red meat, chicken, seafood, green leafy vegetables & dry fruit.
• Eat plenty of iron-rich fruits such as apples, bananas, apricots, and plums.
• Avoid sugar; decreasing its consumption also helps in higher iron absorption.
• Increase Intake of foods containing vitamin C. Drinks a glass of orange Juice. Eating foods rich in vitamin C, along with high-iron foods, Increases the body's absorption of Iron.
• Avoid coffee and tea, which can block the body's ability to absorb iron. Even If you don't stop completely, avoid consuming them with iron-rich meals.
• The body absorbs more iron from meat than it does from other sources. If you don't eat meat, Increase the intake of Iron-rich, plant-based foods.
Do not take iron supplements without consulting a doctor. Overloading the body with iron can damage the liver and the heart.