Happy Women’s Day !!!
Your health is your most precious asset. Good health allows you to fully participate in all activities, be at work, family, or social.
A healthy woman brings up a healthy family...
Every woman can be healthy by following these simple tips
* Keep a check on your weight every week. Maintain a body mass index (BMI) of 23.
* Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, household work accustomed exercise, It will not burn calories. Preserve your bones & muscles as you age.
* Eat healthy – reduce your salt intake, avoid ready-to-eat meals, pickles, high-calorie carbohydrates & saturated fats Eat more veggies & fruits. Eat natural foods.
* Check for a thyroid swelling (a butterfly shape in the tower part of the neck) when you
look into the mirror.
* After 30, get blood sugar & BP tests done every year & a thyroid test every 3-Syros.
* Every girl should know how to perform a breast self-examination once she is a teenager
It should be done every month after the periods and after menopause on a fixed day
* Exposure to the sun every day for 30 mins (10 am — 2 pm) builds up vitamin D & keeps the bones healthy. Drinking milk and taking a calcium-rich diet protects you from osteoporosis.
* Folic acid should be taken regularly by all pregnant women & women with 'a low immunity to disease, it plays a vital role in cancer prevention. It is found In green leafy vegetables & fruits.
* Avoid caffeine & alcohol. They slow down the absorption of minerals that are Important
in maintaining a healthy self.
* Get a pap smear done once a year, Cervical cancer affects more than 30% of women
* Annual health check-up & doctor consultations will go a long way in keeping you