How To Improve Employee Emotional Wellness At Work?
An employee’s emotions can have a huge impact on his work and his relationships at the workplace. While emotional outbursts can be detrimental to an employee’s efficiency and productivity and organizational turnover, positive emotions have a positive influence on multiple aspects, such as employee performance, turnover, negotiation, decision making, conflict resolution, group dynamics, and leadership.
That is why employee emotional wellness is key to the success of any organization. By investing in emotional wellness benefits for employees, employers create a human-centric workforce that drives better employee retention, productivity, and engagement. Let us understand more about employee emotional wellness and ways to improve it.
What is Emotional Wellness?
Emotional wellness is all about positive emotions that employees experience at work, including comfort, satisfaction, and enthusiasm. Office work is one of the top sources of stress that leads to employees becoming “emotionally unwell.” So, the term “emotional wellness” encompasses self-care, self-esteem, and stress management.
Ways to Improve Employee Emotional Wellness:
Following are a few examples of policies and programs that organizations can adopt to promote emotional wellness at work:
1. Employee Assistance Programs (EAP):
EAP programs help employees to deal with diverse concerns either at work or in their personal lives. These programs have access to a large network of mental health professionals and adhere to strict confidentiality standards.
Counselling helps employees find work-life balance, manage stress and emotions more effectively, empower to make decisions, address marital or parenting concerns, cope better with loss and grief, deal with addictions (alcohol & substance abuse), and learn new skills to achieve goals of growth and self-development. The EAP program includes:
• Professional and confidential counselling services
• Coaching Services
• Diet, nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyle management
• Managerial support services (training managers to act as coaches instead of bosses)
• Stress management
• Incident crisis management
• Self-help tools
• Legal and financial advice and guidance
2. Providing flexible work arrangements, such as compressed workweeks, telecommuting, and more.
3. Implementing humane work schedules and workloads so that employees can recharge themselves and come back to work fresh and focused.
4.Allowing employees to take sufficient work breaks away from their desks or workstations
5. Giving paid time off from work.
6. Running an employee recognition program where employees throughout the organization can highlight their peers, express gratitude, and highlight individual contributions towards the success of a project.
7. Encouraging team building to promote positive relationships between employees and providing opportunities to connect one-on-one.
8. Running a weekly check-in program where managers ask employees about how they feel at work during the week, their feelings, and their emotional and mental well-being.
9. Promoting a supported company culture that encourages openness and acceptance.
10. Developing an atmosphere of psychological safety and wellness, encouraging teams to openly communicate any signs of intimidation, bullying, or sexual harassment.
PrognoHealth provides several Employee Emotional Wellness Programs to companies across India based on their needs. So, if you are a corporate looking for a customized emotional wellness program for your employees, then contact PrognoHealth or call +91 9510650660 to know more about our emotional wellness programs today!