Boosting Employee Productivity Through Health & Wellness
There is a strong correlation between employee wellness and productivity. When an employee feels unwell due to physical, mental, or social causes, it impacts his performance at work. On the contrary, healthy and happy employees are more productive, making significant contributions to an organization’s bottom-line.
That is why employee well-being is so important for organizations. Health being complicated, it requires more than just consulting a healthcare professional or a coach to manage employee wellness. So, employers increasingly look for different ways to keep their workforce healthy, engaged, and productive. Let us explore them.
1. Develop a Collaborative Culture of Health & Wellness:
For employees to perform well, they must BE well physically, mentally, and socially. To keep employees well needs to create a favorable work environment that promotes the health and wellbeing of the whole individual. To keep employees happy, organizations need to develop a collaborative culture of health, and promote wellness initiatives, empowering employees to be their best.
2. Implement Corporate Wellness Programs:
While workplace wellness programs offer many benefits to employees and organizations, such as reduced absenteeism and reduced health insurance costs, they have a great impact on an employee’s productivity as well. So, apart from offering medical benefits, companies should also promote holistic wellness on a day-to-day basis. Implementing corporate wellness programs enhances employee well-being, performance, and engagement.
3. Promote Activities for Physical & Social Wellness:
Companies need to develop and promote various initiatives that encourage employees to be more active and pay more attention to their health. Large corporations can have epic offerings for physical wellness, such as onsite gyms and napping pods. Other organizations can incorporate some activities to focus on social wellness, such as table tennis, co-ed sports leagues, and team challenges that build community within the organization.
4. Encourage Physical Movement with Fun Activities:
Not everyone likes to sweat it out at the gym. So, companies can incorporate physical movement into the workday. For example, instead of conducting a meeting in a conference room, a team of employees can have a walking meeting and get some fresh air while they’re discussing. Companies can also organize fun activities during Friday’s happy hours.
5. Arrange Workplace Yoga:
Workplace yoga not just provides relaxing benefits, but also increases focus and confidence. Breathing techniques used in yoga increase relaxation and aid meditation, which increases mental clarity. Not only do these yoga classes help employees physically, but the social aspects of doing something together and the mental benefits of yoga contribute immensely to employees’ overall well-being.
6. Enable Work-Life Balance:
When there is no work-life balance, it takes a toll on workers emotionally. Hectic work leaves no time, mood, or energy for employees to spend time with their loved ones. This leads to dissatisfaction in life, making employees less engaged at work. So, organizations should enable work-life balance for employees to increase their engagement and productivity. Possible ways to improve employees’ work-life balance include:
• weight management programs that improve physical health
• meditation programs that sharpen mental focus
• flexible work arrangements like a work-from-home option, flexible working hours, etc.
• improving the quality of the work environment (reducing noise levels, designing more private workstations and desks)
• introducing other amenities, such as day-care centers, fitness rooms, etc.
7. Promote Holistic Health & Wellness:
“Health and Wellness” don’t mean just physical health. They involve five components, such as:
• Physical Well-being: Having good health and energy to do physical work
• Social Well-being: Having supportive relationships in personal and professional life
• Financial Well-being: Being able to manage finances well
• Career Satisfaction: Liking what you do every day at work and having job satisfaction
• Community Affiliation: Feeling safe and secure, and feeling proud of the community you belong to.
Organizations need to address all these five components of holistic well-being through employee engagement strategies, mindfulness training, and financial literacy classes.
Are you looking for ways to help your employees become more healthy and productive? If yes, then consider introducing a corporate wellness program for your employees. PrognoHealth offers several Corporate Wellness Programs to companies across India. We can even custom-design a wellness program based on your employee needs. For more information, contact PrognoHealth or call +91 9510650660 today!