Keep your joints healthy
Extra body weight may cause strain on the joints, particularly the knees.
• Exercise regularly to improve and maintain a healthy bone density, walking, and jogging are good.
• Warm up before exercise to allow the muscles to loosen up and avoid injuries.
• Don't over-exercise - the body needs time to repair.
• Change your sitting and standing positions frequently to give specific joints some rest.
• Proper footwear is important for bone and joint health Women who use high heel shoes regularly have a 10 times greater chance of developing joint pains and problems.
• Take adequate doses of calcium & vitamin D Exposure to sunlight allows the body to manufacture vitamin D from cholesterol, even 15 minutes per day is enough.
• Excess alcohol intake has a direct effect on bone strength
• Smoking is toxic and can affect bone density.